I’ve fallen completely in love with this spicy chipotle pasta sauce recipe – it’s so easy and quick, but tastes AMAAAAAZING! It’s also really healthy and low calorie, I usually chuck a load of veggies in or top with a few cashews to keep mixing up the flavors. I think I’ve got a long way to go before I get bored of this one!!
At only 15 minutes from start to finish, this recipe is great if you’re short on time. It’s also easy to adapt if you’ve got kids that you’re cooking for who wouldn’t like the spicy chipotle flavor.
What’s even better is that this is a proper one-pot recipe so hardly any washing up (and who doesn’t love that!?). Plus, it’s a good recipe for a batch-cook so who’s up for some easy, healthy lunches?? ME!!!
This article contains a few affiliate links. When you buy through a link on this page, I may receive a small affiliate commission at no extra cost whatsoever to you. Thanks for your support!
A Pinner? Pin This Recipe For Later…
Don’t forget to follow me so you can keep an eye on all of my new recipes – there’s new ones every week!
What Kit do I Need to Make This Chipotle Pasta Sauce Recipe?
As this is a real one-pot recipe you need hardly anything in your kitchen arsenal to be able to whip up this recipe.
- Pan – This recipe covers the quantities needed for three people, but you need to be able to cook all of the pasta and be able to stir in the sauce. So, get a decent sized pan – especially if you’re doubling up for a batch-cook!
- Stirring Spoon – I like wooden spoons so I don’t scrape off any non-stick coating on my pan with a metal one.
- Colander – It just makes life easier than faffing around with the lid and trying to drain the water that way.
Shop The Recipe
Easily find the bits you need for this chipotle pasta recipe below.
The following products are all found on Amazon.com. If you buy through a link on this page I may receive a small affiliate commission at absolutely no extra cost to you!
What’s in this Chipotle Pasta Recipe?
Only seven ingredients believe it or not! They’re all easy to get hold of, usually from the shop but if not, then online is always good too.
If you don’t have any of the ingredients then check out the list below as I’ve included a few easy swaps to make life a little easier.
- Pasta – I like to use brown rice pasta for a gluten-free option. Use brown or wholemeal for a slower energy release compared to white pasta.
- Chipotle Paste – Made from chipotle chilis! A very smokey and hot chill paste. If you can’t get hold of it fear not! You can swap out for regular chili paste, and pop in about half a teaspoon of liquid smoke if you have it.
- Chopped/Tinned Tomatoes – This is one of those times where getting the best quality you can makes a noticeable difference. Try to find a kind that is nice and thick for the best results.
- Dried Basil – I use dried to keep this recipe cheap and simple. But, if you only have fresh then use 1 1/2 times more.
- Smoked Paprika – You can use regular paprika if you don’t have smoked.
- Onion Granules – You can use fresh onion, but to keep this chipotle pasta recipe as quick and easy as possible I’ve used dried onion flakes. If you’re using fresh, use one small onion and cook it off in the pan for a few minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Garlic Salt – This is another dries ingredient. Off-topic but it’s AMAZING on fries – you should definitely try it – just check out my chunky air fryer fries recipe here! But for this recipe, if you don’t have it you can swap it out for a couple of cloves of fresh garlic cooked off for a minute or so, and then add 1/4 tsp of salt in with the other ingredients.
How to Make the Recipe
Making this chipotle pasta is so incredibly easy!
Cook the pasta according to the packet. Fresh will take a lot less time than dried pasta. Follow the instructions to get just the right amount of ‘bite’ in your pasta.
Drain the pasta in a colander and use the pasta pan to cook your sauce. It’s literally just a ‘throw it all in’ kinda recipe so you can’t go too far wrong!
Cook up all of the ingredients for the sauce for a few minutes and then stir the pasta back in. It really is as simple as that!
If you’re adding in some extra veggies then you can throw them in with the sauce if they’ve got a short cook time, like spinach, frozen peas, or sweetcorn. You can also cook fresh veggies like broccoli along with the pasta – easy peasy!
This chipotle pasta is perfect for batch cooking. It keeps well in the fridge for about three days in an airtight container so you can keep it for dinners or take it for lunch on the go.
It’s lovely with some salad leaves and fresh tomatoes thrown in for a fresh, light version. Or, go for some greens or frozen veggies too to keep mixing up the flavor combos.
Looking for Quick And Easy Vegan Dinner Recipe Ideas?
Try one of these awesome Bombveg recipes below. Don’t forget to sign up to email or follow me on Instagram to see every time a new recipe is pos
Like This Vegan Chipotle Pasta Recipe?
If you enjoy this easy recipe don’t forget to leave a review below and share it with your friends!
Follow me on Instagram for sneak peeks at upcoming recipes and ‘behind the scenes’ food photography stories
15 MINUTE SPICY CHIPOTLE PASTA (Easy, Vegan Recipe)
- 4 servings Pasta (see packet guidance on serving sizes)
- 1 tin Chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 1½ tsp Chipotle paste
- 2 tsp Dried basil
- ½ tsp Smoked paprika
- ½ tsp Onion granules
- ¼ tsp Garlic salt
- 1 small bunch Fresh basil
- Fresh or frozen veggies
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Once the pasta is cooked drain it out into a colander. Use the pasta pan to make the sauce while the pasta drains.Add all of the ingredients except the pasta to the pan and stir well, heating through and stirring occasionally for a few minutes until hot.If you're adding veggies like frozen peas, sweetcorn, or spinach, add these now too so they can cook through with the sauce.
- Throw the pasta back into the pan with the sauce and stir well.Serve with a few sprigs of fresh basil or some chopped nuts if you want, or just eat as it is.Enjoy! x
This article contains a few affiliate links. When you buy through a link on this page, I may receive a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!