Looking for a quick, healthy, vegan berry smoothie recipe? You’ve just found it!
It’s literally a case of throwing six ingredients into a blender for a couple of minutes and you’re done! Minimal chopping and clean-up required.
This article contains a few affiliate links. When you buy through a link on this page, I may receive a small affiliate commission at no extra cost whatsoever to you. Thanks for your support!
So what’s in this Berry Smoothie Recipe?
- Banana – A great source of potassium, folate, vitamins, and fiber which are all good for heart health. A high fiber diet comes with lots of health benefits including maintaining a healthy weight, a healthy gut and it also keeps things… regular.
- Cucumber – A high water content and low-calorie food. Eating cucumber regularly helps with hydration, while also being high in vitamins and minerals. This makes it an ideal, refreshing addition to lots of smoothie recipes.
- Raspberries – Rich in antioxidants and vitamins! Antioxidants are great for getting rid of free radicals in the body, caused by pollution and unhealthy, processed foods.
- Blueberries – The delicious little superfood. Full of antioxidants, with the added benefit of being anti-inflammatory and high in nutrients, making blueberries a great addition to your daily diet, and a no-brainer ingredient for a berry smoothie recipe!
- Oat milk – One of the creamier options for plant-based milk that contains no saturated fats. The shop-bought varieties are often fortified with vitamins and calcium too.
- Flaxseeds – A great source of Omega-3 fatty acids, or ‘good’ fats. This superfood may reduce your chance of getting cancers, having a stroke, diabetes, and heart disease! That’s quite the list for such a tiny seed.
Berry Smoothie Recipe Variations and Options
If you’re looking for a post-workout protein boost then adding a scoop of plant-based protein to this berry smoothie recipe works well. I’d DEFINITELY recommend this vanilla creme flavor vegan protein from The Protein Works.
I used to get protein from The Protein Works before I was even vegan. I’ve always liked their protein as it has a really creamy milkshake type vibe.
Adding protein to smoothies is a great idea for a post-workout energy boost instead of just protein alone. You get all of the extra nutrients, and it will fill you up for longer! The vanilla creme flavor tastes great and doesn’t overpower the taste of the smoothie at all!
Oat Milk – I love oat milk in this berry smoothie recipe because it’s so creamy. But, if you’re looking to cut down the calories then you can swap it out for water – it just won’t be as thick.
Other plant-based milk like almond and soya will also taste great in this smoothie, but oat is my all-time favorite.
Not a fan of flaxseeds but are still after similar nutritional benefits? Milled hemp or chia seeds are great alternatives!
Shop the Recipe
The following products are all found on Amazon.com. If you buy through a link on this page I may receive a small affiliate commission at absolutely no extra cost to you!
Most of the ingredients for this berry smoothie recipe are easily available at the supermarket. But, if you live out of town then Flaxseeds may be a little harder to come by, so I’ve added a link to my favorite ones below.
If you can get them delivered online I’d recommend buying in bulk as they’re such a useful addition to a vegan diet. I use them in a lot of my recipes as they’re my favorite source of egg substitute when mixed with water.
If you’re interested in seeing that in action check out my Vegan Peanut Butter Chewy Cookies – a PB&J-based nutritious treat!
If you’re in the market for a new smoothie maker then the options can sometimes be a little overwhelming – there’s SO MANY!!
I’m a bit of a blender geek so I’ve done a silly amount (verging on obsessive?) of online research when it comes to this topic. I’ve added three of the highest-rated from Amazon.com below in three different price brackets to show you three of my favorites.
Like this Vegan Berry Smoothie Recipe?
If you enjoy this recipe don’t forget to leave a review below and share it with your friends!
Follow me on Instagram for sneak peeks at upcoming recipes and ‘behind the scenes’ food photography stories.
BERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE (Healthy, Vegan, and Delicious!)
- 1 Banana (overripe is fine! it adds sweetness)
- ½ Cucumber
- 1 cup Raspberries (frozen is ideal)
- 1 cup Blueberries (frozen is ideal)
- 1 cup Unsweetened oat milk (or any plant-based milk you like)
- 1 tbsp Flaxseeds
- Wash the cucumber and roughly chop so it fits in the blender easily if needed.
- Simply throw all of the ingredients in the blender together and blend for a couple of minutes until smooth
- If you don't have frozen fruit, add a few ice cubes to nicely chill.Remember that this will make it a little more liquidy so use slightly less plant-based milk to compensate.
A Pinner? Don’t forget to Pin this recipe for later…