Full disclaimer – this garlic bread recipe isn’t healthy… like, at ALL. But, it’s so frickin’ delicious – great for when you need a cuddle from the tummy.
When it comes to my blog I try to keep it pretty healthy. But, sometimes you just need a little treat in the form of some indulgent comfort food! It might not be on track with a healthy eating plan. But for me, this garlic bread recipe is it!
This article contains a few affiliate links. When you buy through a link on this page, I may receive a small affiliate commission at no extra cost whatsoever to you. Thanks for your support!
A Pinner? Pin This Recipe For Later…
Don’t forget to follow me so you can keep an eye on all of my new recipes – there’s new ones every week!
The garlic bread smells so delicious and it’s so incredibly moreish that these go down great as a fun snack if you’ve got people round. They also work equally well as delicious side dishes for things like lasagnes or risottos. Just make sure everyone has at least one bite – they’re pretty strong!!
As an added bonus, they’re SO easy and quick to make. I’m a strong believer that homemade is better than shop-bought 99% of the time, and these are no exception! For such an easy and inexpensive recipe, it really is worth the little extra effort.
Looking for More Quick and Easy Snack Ideas?
Check out one of these awesome Bombveg recipes below. Don’t forget to sign up for newsletters and follow me on Instagram to see every time a new recipe is posted!
So What’s in The Garlic Bread Recipe?
This a SUPER simple recipe with only 6 ingredients:
- Bagels – Make sure they’re vegan. Most are, but occasionally you find some that contain milk or eggs so it’s worth double-checking.
- Butter – Unsalted works best so you can control the saltiness by adding some yourself. There are loads of vegan options for butter now and you really can’t tell the difference!
- Olive oil – Extra virgin is the best and I think it’s worth it for a better flavor. But, if regular olive oil is all you have then go with it!
- Garlic – Fresh is best! 2 large cloves works great and is a good place to start. You can always add or remove some next time you make this recipe.
- Parsley – I found that dried works really well. If you have fresh then this will work too but you’ll need to at least double the quantity to get a good amount of flavor. It’s also really easy to grow at home if you want fresh for future garlic bread!
- Salt – Sea salt is the nicest, but if you can’t get hold of this then just use a pinch of whatever you have.
Shop the Recipe…
Easily find the kit you need to make these garlic bread bagels below.
The following products are all found on Amazon.com. If you buy through a link on this page I may receive a small affiliate commission at absolutely no extra cost to you!
Like this Garlic Bread Bagels Recipe?
If you enjoyed this quick and easy garlic bread recipe don’t forget to leave a review below and share it with your friends!
Join me on Instagram for sneak peeks at upcoming recipes and ‘behind the scenes’ food photography stories.
The Perfect Garlic Bread Bites Recipe
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Tin Foil
- 2 Bagels (white and unsliced works best)
- 2 tbsp Unsalted vegan butter (room temperature)
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Large cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp Dried parsley (fresh works too, but double the quantity)
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 390°F.
- Add the butter, olive oil, crushed garlic, parsley, and salt to a mixing bowl and stir well so everything is combined. This works so much better when the butter is a little soft so if you've just got it out of the fridge, give it 10 seconds or so in the microwave until it's softened.
- Cut the bagels as shown in the photos. Only cut MOST of the way down – you want the bagel to say as one piece.
- Separate the butter mix so you roughly have two equal amounts, so you can use half for each bagel.Using a spoon, scoop a little at a time into each of the cuts you made in the bagels. There should be plenty to easily fill each cut and you can use any excess to spread over the top (see the photos below).
- Place the bagels next to each other on a piece of tinfoil large enough to wrap them in. Fold in the edges of the tinfoil to make a LOOSE parcel (see the photo below).
- Pop the parcel in the oven and leave to cook for 10 minutes.
- Take the parcel out and carefully unfold the edges then cook again, uncovered, for a further 5 minutes to crisp a little.
- They're done! Let cool a smidge then serve up and enjoy.