This vegan carrot and coriander soup is not only crazy delicious, it’s super healthy and nutritious too! It’s got just a hint of warmth to it, but at the same time is creamy and smooth. This carrot and coriander soup is made with fresh coriander, giving a lovely, full flavor and packing in some extra nutrition.
Read on to check out how to make this vegan carrot and coriander soup in just a few easy steps!
Save this vegan carrot and coriander soup recipe to Pinterest so you’re never left searching the internet wondering… where did I see that recipe again?
Don’t forget to follow me over there, I put up new recipes every week!
What Equipment Do I Need to Make this Soup?
Only a few simple things…
- A knife for chopping the veg
- Some measuring spoons
- A blender OR a decent stick/handheld blender
If you are feeling in the mood for a splurge then I highly recommend the Vitamix A2500, it’s an amazing piece of kit! It’s what I use and I’ve been blown away by how smooth it makes everything.
For this recipe, this mega blender goes that little bit extra too – it makes the soup nice and hot by just the friction of the blades – that’s crazy!
The following products are all found on Amazon.com. If you buy through a link on this page I may receive a small affiliate commission at absolutely no extra cost to you!
Recipe Ingredients and Easy Swaps
This recipe is pretty simple with no fancy ingredients. However, if you’re short of a couple of things in the fridge, don’t let that stop you – there’s plenty of ways to keep this recipe yummy!
- Carrots – for a carrot and coriander soup recipe, I’d say that these are pretty essential
- Parsnips – you can swap these out for sweet or white potatoes if needed. Just steam it with the carrots and keep everything else the same.
- Veg Stock – Lots of different types to choose from. I go for the low salt kind but if you don’t have this option then just lower the amount of added salt when combining the ingredients.
- Tahini – this makes the soup creamy and rich, but if you don’t have any, consider swapping for mild flavoured nut butter (like cashew), or even some vegan greek yoghurt instead.
- Fresh coriander – I don’t advise swapping for dried coriander – the flavours are very different.
- Smoked paprika – Use regular paprika if you don’t have the smoked kind.
- Chilli powder – I use the mild kind because I like just a touch of warmth. This really is a personal preference situation so just try it and add a little more if needed. You switch for a hot variety or chilli flakes instead if you’re after something spicy!
- Cumin, salt, black pepper – keep these the same.
How to make it
This is a real simple recipe with only a few steps. For this recipe the veg is steamed to keep as many nutrients in as possible, then everything is just thrown in the blender together… et voila!
- Don’t be bothered about how neat the veg is chopped – it’s all going to be blended up in the end anyway. Just try to chop it roughly the same size so that it all cooks at the same temperature.
- When testing to see if the veg is done, poke it with a sharp knife, it should be soft and easy to poke when it’s cooked enough.
- If you add the stock, then the herbs and spices, then the veg to the blender, you will not have to scrape the sides down.
- If you’re using a stick blender then be extra careful! This might sound really obvious but speaking as someone who has splatted herself with hot soup before when using one of these, I thought it was worth mentioning… ouch!
How to Store it
This soup will keep nicely in the fridge for a couple fo days, it may just need a bit of a stir.
Freezing works well too, it should last for around three months in a sealed container.
More Healthy Vegan Lunch Recipes
If you’re into quick and easy, healthy vegan food, then these Bombveg recipes have got you covered.
Did you Like This Vegan Carrot and Coriander Soup Recipe?
If you enjoy this easy recipe don’t forget to leave a review below and share it with your friends!
Follow me on Instagram for sneak peeks at upcoming recipes and ‘behind the scenes’ food photography stories.
This soup is just super comforting and delicious, an all-round winner!
- 3 Carrots
- 1 Parsnip
- 3¼ cups Vegetable stock, (800ml)
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 1 cup Fresh coriander
- ½ tsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- ⅛ tsp Chili powder
To Garnish (optional)
- 2 tbsp Vegan yogurt
- 1 pinch Smoked paprika
- Peel and roughly chop the carrots and parsnip. Steam until tender; around ten minutes.
- Prep the stock by adding your stock cube to just-boiled water, mine was 1 ½ stock cubes to make the right amount, but check your packet instructions.
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blitz until completely smooth. (the time this takes will depend on your blender, but it will likely take at least three minutes).*
- If you don't have a high-speed blender, then put all of the ingredients in a heat-proof bowl use a stick blender instead. Just be sure to keep it submerged because this will be HOT!
- Serve immediately, garnishing with a blob of vegan yoghurt and a sprinkle of smoked paprika.
* If you add the stock, then the herbs and spices, then the veg, you will not have to scrape the sides down as much.
Serving Size:1 grams Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 962mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information may not always be 100% accurate and will depend on the exact ingredients used.
This article contains a few affiliate links. When you buy through a link on this page, I may receive a small affiliate commission at no extra cost whatsoever to you. Thanks for your support!